Monday, January 3, 2011

"Go out to see the world. Come home for love."

I love this quote!

I first spotted it on a decorative block of wood in a cute San Diego shop earlier this summer. It has become a fitting motto for my life.

Over this past year of extensive travel I've learned that though there are so many interesting and wonderful things to see in this world, one should never expect from the world what can only be fulfilled by what we each consider "home."

To me, "home" means family. And over the past two weeks of no travel, meetings, or phone calls, I have soaked up a whole lotta love from this crazy group. In fact, I think I might have overdosed. 

Introducing... Buzz Lightyear.
Earth name= Nephew Jackson.

Buzz helps Papa cook some bacon on Sunday morning.
Introducing Miss Mailey... here she wears the little dress my Swiss nanny gave me when I was a baby!

My hero. She can eat and sleep at the same time!

Buzz gets a surprise from Daddy. A Toy Story 3 inflatable ball to roll inside of!
It took Papa and Justin hours to manually pump this ball up!

Papa rolls Jackson around (while wearing Jackson's hat).
P.S. It's snowing in South Carolina!
Aunt Betsy jumps in! (Harder than it looks).

Yay! Jackson gets big boy Toy Story underwear for Christmas!

Too bad they fit Auntie JJ better than Jackson.

Hard to keep up with the Barrows' stockings.

Bobby was responsible for filling Dad's stocking, per our family tradition. Not knowing where Dad's stocking was, Bobby improvised,and literally hung Hanes socks across the mantle with Dad's goodies inside. (Please note the last Hanes sock to the far right. Bobby filled it with... Hanes socks).


Mailey loves to pull Uncle Bobby's hair.

Mom... being Mom. ;)

Bobby.... being Bobby.

Buddy/Bobby... being Buddy/Bobby  :)

Jackson loves dressing up in our coats. Here he wears Bobby's poofy vest. I love this!


For New Years, 4 generations of Barrows girls (and Buddy)  watched fireworks from our front porch in our new bath robes.


STAY TUNED... VIDEOS COMING SOON!